Unfortunately, our camera was acting up the night we decorated our tree so we didn't get a lot of clear photos of the whole operation but suffice it to say, there was a lot of Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. As is customary, the Osmond Christmas album played the majority of the night so Kassie and Mitchell enjoyed a lengthy--and I assure you quite giggly--dance around the room prior to beginning the task which as you can see...some took more seriously (Anna) than others (Mitchell.) As we drew near the bottom of our ornament boxes, the kids located a miniature Disney character train that my mom gave us a few years ago. When I say miniature, I mean each of the five cars is smaller than a golf ball, but size is not an issue with my kids. They insisted on crawling under the tree to place the tiny train around the tree stand. (At one point Kassie even stuck her head under to supervise the project.) The following day, Bing was greeted by cheers as he made his appearance. We spent several days rocking out to 'White Christmas' and 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' before I insisted that he spend a few days at Matt's office...actually suggesting a joint custody agreement in which we care for Bing on the weekends and the office staff gets to revel in his company Monday through Friday. (It's incomprehensible to me, but the people that Matt works with love this thing and occasionally request it in the middle of summer.)
2 comments:
I'm glad to see that your kids take tree decorating about as seriously as my kids do. What are we thinking, putting a tree full of "toys" in our living room, then asking kids not to touch it?
very cute...I didn't do any pics this year. Although maybe I should've snapped one when it fell over the next morning. OH, BTW, I'm not sure you'll get my pics before Christmas. I think I'll send them out on Monday, but we need to get up to Orem to get them first.
Post a Comment