I never do these things but thought I'd pick the longest one that I've ever seen to get started. Here's a glimpse into me.....
1. Started your own blog -started yes--update regularly, no
2. Slept under the stars -Don't remember but probably in Emerickville or girls camp
3. Played in a band -More of an orchestra person until the music got hard, then I pretended to play until my parents let me quit
4. Visited Hawaii -twenty year anniversary honey? (you've got time to surprise me.)
5. Watched a meteor shower - yes, but not lately
6. Given more than you can afford to charity -don't know about this question...charities of choice are Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Toys for Tots
7. Been to Disneyland -we prefer Disney World...over and over and over.....
8. Climbed a mountain -does in a car count?
9. Held a praying mantis -eeewww. I don't do bugs.
11. Bungee jumped -never have, never will
12. Visited Paris -if I could get there without flying over an ocean I'd like to but that much water scares me.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea -not a huge storm but heat lightening
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch- um, I've learned to sew a bit but I'm not great
15. Adopted a child -No but Mitchell thinks we should adopt a boy or two to even out our family
16. Had food poisoning -peanut butter pie from American Hotel Restaurant. Yikes!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty -Nope but I've seen her up close
18. Grown your own vegetables -tomatoes this year...next year hard core!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France -back to that flying over the ocean thing...
20. Slept on an overnight train -why would anyone want to do that?
21. Had a pillow fight -not lately...Mitchell doesn't need to learn this one.
22. Hitch hiked -again...why would anyone do that?
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill- I prefer to call those "mental health days"...I miss the days when that was an option
24. Built a snow fort -repeated attempts were made to build the perfect "Puppy Palace" as a kid
25. Held a lamb -nope
26. Gone skinny dipping -hmmmm....no
27. Run a Marathon -Marine Corp Marathon: Oct 2007. (5:05 not speedy but complete)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice -still no to anything European
29. Seen a total eclipse - during choir in high school we all went outside to see an eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Both...sunset over the ocean is the best
31. Hit a home run -never was a power hitter.
32. Been on a cruise -thought I'd hate it but it was so awesome!
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - yup...took all four kids on the Maid of the Mist
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors -only if Brookville counts
35. Seen an Amish community -Um...yeah. They are around every corner in PA.
36. Taught yourself a new language -took Spanish but didn't do it on my own
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied -not yet
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person -nope
39. Gone rock climbing -Not with the ropes and all that but played on large rocks with the kids
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - nope
41. Sung karaoke -NEVER
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt -nope
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant -not yet
44. Visited Africa -nope...maybe I can visit friends in Nigeria...probably not
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight -love the waves crashing on our feet at night!
46. Been transported in an ambulance -nope
47. Had your portrait painted -no but I've been tempted to have the kids caricature done at a park sometime
48. Gone deep sea fishing -don't like fish much so why go fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person -nope
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris -What's with all the Paris questions?
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling -unbelievable as it is...I went snorkeling in Tortola and ran into a barracuda...he was huge!
52. Kissed in the rain -Probably
53. Played in the mud -not lately but I remember my boot getting stuck in the mud as I ran to the bus in junior high. my next step was my foot straight into the thick mud. Fun for all watching from the bus!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater -Love the Moonlight Drive-in in Brookville
55. Been in a movie -i don't think but Aunt Rita and I almost got hit by a stunt car when they were filming a movie in Pittsburgh one day. (Was it Inspector Gadget?)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China -sounds fun but no
57. Started a business -nope but I helped my dad in his archery shop and I can fletch arrows
58. Taken a martial arts class -Nope but I should!
59. Visited Russia -Not really a desire of mine
60. Served at a soup kitchen -No but I should go with Aunt Sis sometime
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies -Tons...and I don't ever want to do it again
62. Gone whale watching -No but we watch for dolphins when we visit Ocean City
63. Got flowers for no reason -Matt brought me roses for no reason just a few months ago
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma -platelets yesterday...Red Cross calls me almost daily!
65. Gone sky diving -I'll pass
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp -no, but I really want to go to the Holocaust Museum in D.C. sometime. Anyone want to join me?
67. Bounced a check -it was a mistake a really long time ago.
68. Flown in a helicopter -nope
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy -yep
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial -I think every year when we went on youth temple trips
71. Eaten Caviar -nope but Clark convinced me to eat escargot
72. Pieced a quilt- I started a rag quilt eons ago but it's in my unfinished craft box
73. Stood in Times Square- No but I want to
74. Toured the Everglades -as many times as we've been to FL I should say yes but NO (Matt rode on a hoverboat and held an alligator.)
75. Been fired from a job -Mitchell fires me daily!
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London -nope...Europe
77. Broken a bone -I don't think toes should count so no.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle -yes...tipped off one in the gravel driveway once too.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person -never been that far west.
80. Published a book -never thought of it
81. Visited the Vatican -nope
82. Bought a brand new car -someday.
83. Walked in Jerusalem -nope
84. Had your picture in the newspaper -I'm sure for something in school
85. Read the entire Bible -not in order.
86. Visited the White House -took a tour once (Mitchell got scolded by a security guard for sitting in one of the fancy antique chairs) and we love the easter egg roll
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -eeewww...
88. Had chickenpox -not fun!
89. Saved someone’s life -not recently...but I've taken CPR class so I know how
90. Sat on a jury -got called for duty last year but wasn't needed
91. Met someone famous - Ed Mulitalo and Jim Dasinger are both famous where I come from.
92. Joined a book club - tried that once but it didn't work out...I never read the book
93. Lost a loved one -yes
94. Had a baby -4 little monkeys at my house!
95. Seen the Alamo in person -nope
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake -my 4day whirlwind trip to UT didn't allow time for this adventure.
97. Been involved in a law suit -Matt is part of a class-action suit against Walmart right now.
98. Owned a cell phone -definitely!
99. Been stung by a bee - it's been a long time thank goodness. (I wouldn't say that for fear of bad luck if they weren't dormant right now.)
No comments:
Post a Comment